Welcome to the Catahoula Parish Sheriff’s Office website. Our goal is to provide citizens and visitors with a quick and easy access to information about this office, the departments within the Sheriff’s Office, the Catahoula Parish Jail and the Catahoula Parish Correctional Center.
Sheriff Toney Edwards
The Sheriff’s Office is a constitutionally created office with responsibilities prescribed by the legislature.
The sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer for the Parish and is responsible for:
- Operating the Parish jail
- Investigating crimes
- Making arrests
- Enforcing traffic regulations on parish roads
- Serving writs
- Seizing property after judgment
- Maintaining communications with other law enforcement organizations
- Collection and distribution of court fines
- Ex-Officio Tax Collector
Blessed are the peacemakers;
for they will be called children of God.
– Mathew 5:9